Re: Tick marks on Axes AND Frame?

  • To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
  • Subject: [mg938] Re: [mg869] Tick marks on Axes AND Frame?
  • From: Richard Mercer <richard at seuss.math.wright.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 3 May 1995 00:17:22 -0400

>  Hello,
>

>  Is there a way to get tick marks on both the Axes and
>  the Frame of a graph? I can get one or the other but
>  never both.
>

>  Also, I don't seem to be able to label the tick marks on
>  the top and right sides of the Frame.  They are in the
>  right place but the label is being ignored.
>

>  Thx, for any and all help.
>

>  Jim T
.

Jim, Here's a way to get both. I don't guarantee this will work in all cases,
it may have to be modified. It may not work at all in 3-D graphs, where
FullGraphics is much less cooperative.

gr = Plot[Sin[x],{x,-Pi,Pi}];
axes = Graphics[FullGraphics[gr][[1,2]]];
Show[gr,axes,Frame->True]

Labeling the tick marks on the top and right can in principle be done using the
FrameTicks option, but it's far more trouble than it's worth.

Richard Mercer