Remote kernel connection via MathLink

  • To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
  • Subject: [mg1042] Remote kernel connection via MathLink
  • From: iaguirre at tsc.upna.es (Idoia Aguirre)
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 1995 07:45:34 -0400

	I call Mathematica from an external C program using MathLink mode. I run
my C  program in a Unix machine (Sun Sparc station) called "venus" and the
Mathematica kernel is in an other Unix machine (Sun Sparc) called "fobos".
The MathLink parameters that What I do for open the MathLink connection is:

	1) To declare the varibles:
		MLINK 	lp;
		int	linknum = 8;
	 	char	*linkarg [ ] =	{
				"-linkmode",	"Launch",
				"-linkprotocol","pipes",
				"-linkname", 	"math -mathlink",
				"-linkhost",	"fobos",
		    		0};

	2) To open a MathLink connection:
		lp=MLOpen(linknum,linkarg);

	I use Mathematica version 2.2
	The error message that I obtain is:
	"The other side closed the link, you may still get undelivered data"

Thanks.

Idoia.

Idoia Aguirre Esparz
Dpto Automatica, Electronica e Ing de Sitemas.
Universidad Publica de Navarra
Pamplona -Spain-

Email: iaguirre at tsc.upna.es
http://www.tsc.upna.es