NthKSubset and RankKSubset. Where ???

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg2399] NthKSubset and RankKSubset. Where ???
  • From: a_kowald at chemie.fu-berlin.de (Axel Kowald)
  • Date: Wed, 1 Nov 1995 21:41:06 -0500

Hello

I'm working on a combinatorical problem and I would need two functions which are
not available in Mma or the Combinatorica package. The first would probably be
called NthKSubset and should give me the Nth KSubset of a list (who would have
guessed that). The other one which I need is a routine which does the opposite.
Given a KSubset it should give me the rank of that KSubset.

Has anyone written such functions or know from where to get them ?
A description of an algorithm for programming them would also be okay.

Many thanks in advance

		Axel Kowald