simultaneous equations

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg2232] simultaneous equations
  • From: heath andersen <ha20 at uow.edu.au>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 1995 01:52:52 -0400

i am having trouble solving this set of simultaneous equations. it is
probably my maths that is letting me down here, or lack of Mma use, or both,
but, i can not work it out and have not had much luck asking round.

In case u wanted to know i am trying to work out the volumetric flow rates
for a dust extraction system,  using an electrical analogy, where 'p' is the
pressure(Pa), 'r' the resistance to flow and 'q' is the volumetric flow
rate. the numbers ar the node opoints of the system, for example, 'p78',  is
the pressure at node 78, and 'p7880' is the node where 'p78' and 'p80' come
together abd so on...

also, [q7880]^2 = [q78 + q80]^2

Here is exactly what i typed in and what Mma gave me back.

--------
p78 = p80 = p81 = 101300
101300

p788081 = 100100.6