Problems with Mathmetica and Solaris2.4

  • Subject: [mg2246] Problems with Mathmetica and Solaris2.4
  • From: ed at cti.ecp.fr (Eric Doutreleau)
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 1995 05:55:21 GMT
  • Newsgroups: wri.mathgroup
  • Sender: daemon at wri.com ( )

Well i have just installed the last version of Mathematica for Solaris2.4
and i got the following problems.
I would like to launch mathematica ( the X front end) on a remote X display.
I set up correctly the variable DISPLAY and the authorization on the
local X server. ( Indeed I can launch an xterm)
but when i run mathematica i always got the following messages
XMathematica: can't open display, exiting...

Can somebody help me?

Thanks in advance

--
Eric Doutreleau
Ingenieur systeme a l Ecole Centrale de Paris