3D plot question

  • To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
  • Subject: [mg2055] 3D plot question
  • From: wagner at bullwinkle.cs.Colorado.EDU (Dave Wagner)
  • Date: Mon, 18 Sep 1995 01:50:57 -0400

Hello group,

  Suppose I want to plot a 3-D surface that is orthogonal to the x-y
  plane.  In other words, for each x and y, z takes on all possible
  values.   Any idea how I can do this?

  My first thought was simply to swap two of the coordinates, say x and z,
  make the plot, and then re-orient it so that it looks right.  But I
  gave myself a headache trying to figure out the appropriate viewpoint.

  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

		Dave Wagner
		Principia Consulting
		(303) 786-8371