[Q]: Reading Input
- Subject: [mg3192] [Q]: Reading Input
- From: schneids+ at andrew.cmu.edu (John Schneider)
- Date: 14 Feb 1996 02:52:15 -0600
- Approved: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Distribution: local
- Newsgroups: wri.mathgroup
- Organization: Wolfram Research, Inc.
- Sender: daemon at wri.com
I'm trying to read a file that contains expressions like 1.23456789E-2 which of course stands for 1.23456789*(10^-2), It is standard output from a fortran program. Unfortunately, Mma reads this as 1.23456789*(the number e) - 2, which does me no good. Is there an easy way to tell Mma what it's reading? Thanks. John Schneider Carnegie Mellon Univ.