Re: Legend on graph with several plots: HOW??

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg2989] Re: Legend on graph with several plots: HOW??
  • From: ianc (Ian Collier)
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jan 1996 02:26:31 -0500

In article <4dkt22$h5q at dragonfly.wri.com>, fjl0014 at ucs.usl.edu (Lombardo
Fernando J) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What is an easy way to creat a legend for a graph? I read the
> Mathematica book (Stephen Wolfram) and I could not find a way to do
> legends for plots. Any help will be greatly appreciated, Thanks...

Graphics`Legend`, one of the standard packages distributed
with Mathematica defines a couple of different approaches
to creating legends on plots.

It is documented in detail on pages 168-173 of the Guide
to Standard Mathematica Packages Technical Report.

Here is one example of its use drawn from the documentation:

Needs[ "Graphics`Legend`"]

Plot[ {Sin[x],Cos[x]}, {x, -2 Pi, 2 Pi},
        PlotStyle -> {GrayLevel[0], Dashing[{.03}]},
        PlotLegend -> {"Sine", Cosine"}]

I hope this helps.

--Ian

Ian Collier