Question: Applying a list of funcs to a list of expressions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg2924] Question: Applying a list of funcs to a list of expressions
  • From: groskyd at gv.ssi1.com (David Rosky)
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 1996 01:11:34 -0500

I would like to specify a list of functions such as:

funcs = {f1, f2, f3}

and a list of values to which the functions will be
applied:

vals = {val1, val2, val3}

I would then like to apply to each function to each corresponding value
respectively to obtain the following list:

DesiredOutputList = {f1[val1], f2[val2], f3[val3]}

I can do this explicitly by defining the functions in terms of the
explicit elements of the list such as f1[x_] := x[[1]]^2 and so on
for the other functions, but I was wondering if there is a built-in
way to apply a list of functions respectively to the elements of a list
of values which would be simpler and more efficient.  I looked through
the Mathematica book and nothing obvious popped out at me, but is seems
like such a simple concept that it must be there somewhere.

Thanks in advance,

--David

==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====