a big matrix

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg4126] a big matrix
  • From: Artur Kuo <artur at galilei.pi.tu-berlin.de>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jun 1996 01:39:46 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello, all you kind mathematica peoples,

I'm working on a 200*200 complex matrix with 5 diagonales, which have a
parameter, say, alpha in themselves. And the highest order of alpha is 4
(alpha^4), that stands in every elemente in the center line of the matrix.
I want to solve the eigenvalues of this matrix. That means I have a
charakteristic polynomial of a very high order, maybe 100.
I did use 'NSolve', but I did't get any result after 20 hours.

What schould I do?
Lot of thanks for any suggest.

Artur KUO

==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====