Re: Using a remote kernel

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg3461] Re: Using a remote kernel
  • From: dhart at appollonius.ucs.indiana.edu (Dave Hart)
  • Date: Sat, 9 Mar 1996 00:59:14 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Mark G. Jackson <mgj2 at acpub.duke.edu> wrote:

> How do I tell my 2.2.2 front-end to use the kernel present on the UNIX
> mainframes present at my university?  My computer (Mac PPC with built-in
> ethernet) is connected via TCP to the network where the mainframes are.

We have a document online that exolains this, at the url

	http://www.indiana.edu/~statmath/smdoc/DistributedComputing.html

[the section titled MatLink].

David Hart    <http://www.indiana.edu/~statmath/>
Center for Statistical and Mathematical Computing
Indiana University          Bloomington, IN 47405

==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====