- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg3480] Backwards?
- From: Artur KUO <artur at galilei.pi.tu-berlin.de>
- Date: Sat, 16 Mar 1996 22:38:46 -0500
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hello, Mr. Christensen, I would like to ask a question please. How can I let Mathematica do this: 1) c[x,y]*a[x]*D[b[x],x]+c[x,y]*b[x]*D[a[x],x]+d[x,y] --->c[x,y]*D[a[x]*b[x],x]+d[x,y] ? It's backward-chainrule. 2) If I let u^2+v^2:=1, how cann I do: a*u^2+a*v^2==a*1==a ? In my Equations the terms are much more complicate like above. I have tried with "/.", but did not work. Thanks a lot. Artur Kuo ==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====