Re: Printing/TeX

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg3483] Re: Printing/TeX
  • From: cottmann at zmnh.zmnh.uni-hamburg.de (Tobias Cottmann)
  • Date: Sat, 16 Mar 1996 22:39:18 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <4hr6gl$84u at dragonfly.wolfram.com>, johny+ at pitt.edu (John M
Ernsthausen) wrote:
> I am interested in importing mathematica postscript into a
> TeX document.  Currently, I save my graphics into a file
> via Mathematica's print option.  I can then import this PS
> file into my TeX document.
[...]

John,

I select the graphics, copy it and then use Convert Clipboard... in the
Edit Menu, which allows me to save the graphics as an Encapsulated
Postscript (EPS) file. This eps graphics can then be read in by TeX. I
work with a Mac, so the Convert Clipboard menu item might not be
implemented in your frontend version.

By the way: Does anyone know how to create eps files automatically? Is
there something like SaveEPS[filename, graphics] ?

Tobias

==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====