Out of memory problems

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg3543] Out of memory problems
  • From: snichols at onramp.net (stephen nichols)
  • Date: Thu, 21 Mar 1996 01:10:14 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hey,

I am having a problem with the kernel running out of memory.  I tried
to read from a file 20,000 sets of x,y,z floating point values.  The
kernel always exited saying it was out of memory.  I tried increasing
the extra memory for the kernel but this seemed to make no difference.
I tried entering very large values but still the same problem.  How do
I deal with this?

Thanks,
Stephen Nichols

==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====