AutoDoubler/MathLink connect crash (Mac PPC)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg3534] AutoDoubler/MathLink connect crash (Mac PPC)
  • From: Brad.Sawatzky at sask.usask.ca (Brad Sawatzky)
  • Date: Thu, 21 Mar 1996 01:08:39 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Here's what I'm running:
   Mathematica PPC frontend 2.22
   MacPPP 2.5 over Open Transport 1.1
   System 7.5.3
   PowerMac 9500

Here's what happens:
   1) With AutoDoubler 2.0.4 installed
 When I try to open a MathLink connection to a remote kernel (or when I
attempt to open a terminal window from within the Kernels and Tasks
dialog) the telnet window pops up and is immediatedly followed by
Mathematica crashing with a type 1 error.

   2) With AutoDoubler disabled (everything else is identical)
No problems at all.  Works like a charm.

  A friend of mine has exactly the same situation on his PPC 6100 running
System 7.5.1 and MacTCP 2.0.6.  It seems to be confined to PPC Macs as the
problem does not occur on my Quadra 700.

Has anybody else experienced this problem.  Is there a bug-fix/workaround?

-- Brad Sawatzky <Brad.Sawatzky at usask.ca>

==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====