Re: ListContourPlot: AxesLabels? (Q)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg3558] Re: ListContourPlot: AxesLabels? (Q)
  • From: ianc (Ian Collier)
  • Date: Mon, 25 Mar 1996 21:32:24 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <innclip4iqpij$puj at dragonfly.wolfram.com>, "m. r.
schaferkotter" <schaferk at communique.net> wrote:

> [ Clipped from :comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica ]
>
> greetings:
>
> when i specify Ticks->None in ListContourPlot, Mma seems to ignore
>
> my request, as well as my request for AxesLabels.
>
> can someone direct me to some help on this?
>
> sincerely,
> m. r.

If you look at the Options for ListContourPlot you will see
that Axes is set to False but that Frame is set to True.

To do what you want use the FrameTicks and FrameLabel
options. Here is an example:

In[1]:=
    data = Table[ Sin[x Cos[y]],{x,-3,3,.5},{y,-3,3,.5}];

In[2]:=
    ListContourPlot[ data ]
Out[2]=
    -ContourGraphics-

In[3]:=
    Options[ ListContourPlot ]
Out[3]=
    {AspectRatio -> 1, Axes -> False, AxesLabel -> None,
      AxesOrigin -> Automatic, AxesStyle -> Automatic,
      Background -> Automatic, ColorFunction -> Automatic,
      ColorOutput -> Automatic, ContourLines -> True,
      Contours -> 10, ContourShading -> True,
      ContourSmoothing -> True, ContourStyle -> Automatic,
      DefaultColor -> Automatic, Epilog -> {}, Frame -> True,
      FrameLabel -> None, FrameStyle -> Automatic,
      FrameTicks -> Automatic, MeshRange -> Automatic,
      PlotLabel -> None, PlotRange -> Automatic,
      PlotRegion -> Automatic, Prolog -> {},
      RotateLabel -> True, Ticks -> Automatic,
      DefaultFont :> $DefaultFont,
      DisplayFunction :> $DisplayFunction}

In[6]:=
    ListContourPlot[ data, FrameTicks -> None,
        FrameLabel -> {x Label, y Label}]
Out[6]=
    -ContourGraphics-

I hope this helps.