Re: Mathematica on Solaris 2.x

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg3571] Re: Mathematica on Solaris 2.x
  • From: j-guyer at nwu.edu (Jon Guyer)
  • Date: Mon, 25 Mar 1996 21:34:42 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <4itojc$v8 at dragonfly.wolfram.com>, "Ron I. Herman"
<m1rih00 at FRB.GOV> wrote:

> Has any anyone had any problems with the Directory[]
> and/or SetDirectory[] under Solaris 2.x?

Not with Directory[] / SetDirectory[], as I recall, but it seems pretty
much a crapshoot which directory the "open" dialog will go looking in.

> Since
> Wolfram does not produce a true Solaris executable,
> we're wondering if others have noticed these or
> other problems?

Other problems? Yeah, you could say that: exceptionally unstable,
imbedded, invisible, @$$!%#$# characters all over the %^$^&%& place!, and
it's an obvious blind port from a Macintosh. Mind you, I'm an unabashed
Mac bigot, but when I'm sitting at a Sparc, I want the %$^&%$^* copy and
paste keys to work. Delete and backspace should also both work...or at the
very minimum they should do no harm.

Jonathan E. Guyer
Dept. of Materials Science                         Zairyoo Kagakka
Northwestern University                        Noosuesutan Daigaku

==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====