Re: Encrypting .m, .ma files

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg3594] Re: Encrypting .m, .ma files
  • From: hohmuth at cipserv1.physik.uni-ulm.de (Lars Hohmuth)
  • Date: Wed, 27 Mar 1996 03:27:50 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
>Subject: Encrypting .m, .ma files
>Date: 22 Mar 1996 08:29:32 GMT

>Hi MathGroup,

>I would like to know if anyone has, or has seen, an encrypted mma pakage or
>notebook. So, for example, the notebook / package can't be used until a
>password is entered.
>If so, could you provide, or point me to, an example?

>Thanks in advance.
>Mark
>   Mark Van de Vyver
>_____________________________________________________________________________
>   Mark Van de Vyver
>   Department of Accounting and Finance      Phone:  (61) (09) 380-2510
>   University of Western Australia           Fax:    (61) (09) 380-1047
>   Nedlands   6907                           e-mail: mvyver at ecel.uwa.edu.au
>   Perth

As MMa files and packages are just plain text files, you can encrypt them with
any plain text encryption program, lets say DES/IDEA.
If you happen to use mma on a Mac, a good way would be e.g. CryptDisk,
which builds an IDEA encrypted partition on you hard disk or Norton Utilities,
or a copression package like StuffIt.

Hope this helps,

Lars

==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====