packages

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg3599] packages
  • From: rhall2 at umbc.edu (hall robert)
  • Date: Wed, 27 Mar 1996 03:28:43 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I'm having a problem loading packages. I'm using Mathematica
2.2.2 on a Mac 7100/66. The standard packages load fine. I copied
the ComplexMap2 package from Maeder, "Programming in Mathematica,"
p. 15. I've been over the code line by line, and as near as I can
tell, I haven't made any mistakes in copying, but it won't load.

In[5]:=
	Needs[ "ComplexMap`" ]

	Get::noopen: Can't open ComplexMap.m.
	Needs::nocont:
		Warning:Context ComplexMap`
				was not created when Needs was evaluated.
Out[5]=
	$Failed

The following doesn't give me any warnings, but it doesn't load the package
either.

In[3]:=
	<<ComplexMap2.m
In[5]:=
	$ContextPath
Out[5]=
	{Global`, System`}

The functions I want to access work fine if I copy them directly into
my current notebook.

As near as I can tell, the standard packages and the ComplexMap
package have the same structure and use the same commands. Can
anyone explain why the ComplexMap package doesn't load?

If you don't have the book handy, here's the relevant parts
of the package:

BeginPackage[ "ComplexMap`" ]

CartesianMap::usage = "[description deleted]"

PolarMap::usage = "[description deleted]"

Begin[ "`Private`" ]

	[Functions deleted. They work outside of the package, so
		I'm assuming they're not the problem.]

End[ ]

EndPackage[ ]
--
Bob Hall            | "Know thyself? Absurd direction!
rhall2 at gl.umbc.edu  |  Bubbles bear no introspection."  -Khushhal Khan Khatak

==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====