Re: packages

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg3603] Re: packages
  • From: Xah Lee <xah at best.com>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Mar 1996 00:08:58 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

hall robert wrote:

> I'm having a problem loading packages.

The likely cause is that the package is not in Mathematica's directory search
path. The easiest solution is to put the package in question to your Mathematica
Packages folder. If you want the package somewhere else, you need to set $Path.
For example, I have this code in my init.m package so that Mathematica executes
them on loading.

$Path = Join[$Path, {
	"User 190:public_html:SpecialPlaneCurves_dir:MmaPackages_dir:ParaPlot_dir",
	"User
190:public_html:SpecialPlaneCurves_dir:MmaPackages_dir:PlaneCurveFormulas_dir",
	"User
190:public_html:SpecialPlaneCurves_dir:MmaPackages_dir:PlaneCurveGenerator_dir",
	"User
190:public_html:SpecialPlaneCurves_dir:MmaPackages_dir:RuledSurfacePlot_dir",
	"User 190:public_html:SpecialPlaneCurves_dir:MmaPackages_dir:TrochoidPlot_dir",
	"User 190:public_html:SpecialPlaneCurves_dir:MmaPackages_dir:TrochoidShow_dir",
	"User 190:Project Fantasy G:Graphic Packages",
	"User 190:Project Fantasy G:Graphic Packages:SaveToRotaterFormat_dir",
	"User 190:Project Fantasy G:Graphic Packages:TWJ_Packages"
}]

So when I load a package that is stored in one of the above path, it'll load.

 Xah
 74631.731 at compuserve.com; xah at best.com
 http://www.best.com/~xah/
 Quote of the day: "Some has passion for life, some for living"

==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====