Re: Coefficient in multivariate series
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg3620] Re: Coefficient in multivariate series
- From: danl (Daniel Lichtblau)
- Date: Sat, 30 Mar 1996 02:45:19 -0500
- Organization: Wolfram Research, Inc.
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
In article <4itof5$v8 at dragonfly.wolfram.com> Samuel Bengmark <samuel at math.chalmers.se> writes: > I wonder if anyone out there knows how to get mathematica > to extract a coefficient of a monomial in a multivariate to > series or polynomial. For example how do I get mathematica to > give me the coefficient of x*y*z^3 in (1+x+y)^2*(2+y)*(5+z)^4. > > In:= Coefficient[Expand[(1+x+y)^2*(2+y)*(5+z)^4], x*y*z^3] Out= 120 In our next release the Expand will not be necessary. Daniel Lichtblau Wolfram Research, Inc. ==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====