using mathematica for computer simulation?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg3394] using mathematica for computer simulation?
  • From: David Andrade <dandrade at u.washington.edu>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Mar 1996 02:25:17 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I am interested in finding out if mathematica would be
efficient for programming computer simulations of financial
markets.  The other alternatives I have are Fortran 90 and
probably Gauss.

I also want to program some nonlinear optimization routines
with whatever I choose to use.

Is mathematica the way to go for what I need to do?

Thanks in advance,

Please e-mail a reply to this post.

David Andrade
Univ. of Washington