using mathematica for computer simulation?
- Subject: [mg3394] using mathematica for computer simulation?
- From: dandrade at u.washington.edu (David Andrade)
- Date: 3 Mar 1996 14:45:29 -0600
- Approved: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Distribution: local
- Newsgroups: wri.mathgroup
- Organization: University of Washington
- Sender: daemon at wri.com
I am interested in finding out if mathematica would be efficient for programming computer simulations of financial markets. The other alternatives I have are Fortran 90 and probably Gauss. I also want to program some nonlinear optimization routines with whatever I choose to use. Is mathematica the way to go for what I need to do? Thanks in advance, Please e-mail a reply to this post. David Andrade Univ. of Washington