notebook on Solaris crashes

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg3419] notebook on Solaris crashes
  • From: palat at ynde.idt.unit.no (Sudeep Kumar Palat)
  • Date: Wed, 6 Mar 1996 01:46:10 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

The notebook interface to mathematica (version 2.2 for the X window
system) running on sparc-solaris crashes (segmentation fault) so
often.  It looks as though the problem is some error message routines.
A couple of ways to crash it is to hit shift return without any input
and to select undo when it says "can't undo".  I can give more
detailed error reports but hope this is sufficient.

Being a newbie, I make mistakes quite often, and its quite frustrating
to have to restart everytime.  Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

sudeep

Sudeep Kumar Palat		      email: palat at idt.unit.no
Norwegian Institute of Technology     Tlf: +47-7359-3690
http://www.idt.unit.no/~palat         FAX: +47-7359-6973
Sudeep Kumar Palat		      email: palat at idt.unit.no

==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====