Re: Mathematica[2.2.3] && Win[95] := Poor[Performance]

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg3435] Re: [mg3377] Mathematica[2.2.3] && Win[95] := Poor[Performance]
  • From: Dieter Baurecht <Dieter.Baurecht at univie.ac.at>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Mar 1996 02:24:09 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

John Fultz wrote:

> > Hello All !
> >
> > I just installed Mathematica 2.2.3 under Win 95: Cyrix 486-80Mhz,
> > 8MB-RAM and about 90MB free space.
> >
> > I replace the MLLCL16.MLL and WORK! but tooooooooo ssslooow to LAUNCH
> > the KERNEL. About 2 minutes. Then all the operations works fine; a little
> > more slow than Mathematica 2.2.0.
> >
> > How I could improve this performance ?
>
> In your Windows 95 directory, look for a file called MATHLINK.INI (or in
> the Explorer, it will say MATHLINK as the filename and Configuration Settings
> as the File type).  Delete the file and re-add the protocol as per the
> instructions that came with the protocol.  That will probably fix the
> speed problems with launching the kernel.

I have the same problem after upgrading from Win3.11 to Win95. I
installed the new mllcl16.mll which allowed me to lunch the kernel, but
the performance is useless.
I also have the problem, that files appearing in the "latest File list"
are not found although the path stated is correct. The same file can be
opened by browsing it with the file open function.
My system is a pentium, Win95 installed with TCP/IP and
Novell 32bit Client. Mathematica (campus licence) is installed on a
netware-server (3.12), maybe this is a problem?

==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====