Re: Mathematica on MacOS 7.52

  • Subject: [mg3411] Re: Mathematica on MacOS 7.52
  • From: aihara at po.cc.yamaguchi-u.ac.jp (M. Aihara)
  • Date: 4 Mar 1996 10:16:45 -0600
  • Newsgroups: wri.mathgroup
  • Sender: daemon at wri.com

In article <4h13lh$rr4 at dragonfly.wolfram.com>, ianc at wolfram.com (Ian
Collier) wrote:

>> I can get Mathematica 2.2.2 to run on my PowerMac 8100/100
>> running MacOS 7.51 without any problems.
>>
>> I cant get it to work on an 8500/120 running MacOS 7.52.  When
>> I try to open the application it just ends.  I would much
>
>I don't think it is the machine or the operating system per se.
>
>We have at least one 8500 running 7.5.2 here at Wolfram
>Research and it runs Mathematica just fine.
>
>I am running Mathematica on a Power Wave 604/120 running
>7.5.2 and that also works well.
>
>So, I would suggest that you look for extension conflicts.
>--Ian

I have a similar trouble on my PowerMac 9500/120.   The MMA kernel
disappears during execution.  This does not happen on my HP and SUN, and
also PowerMac 8100 for the same program.   It seems that the trouble is
specific to System 7.5.2.   No additional extensions are not installed,
so it is not due to extension conflict of Mac OS.    This trouble happens
for some programs, but I cannot find out which kind of code are related
to it.  The trouble seems to be temporally removed by disabling beep
after execution;  I do not know why this works.

--
---
Masaki Aihara ( Faculty of Liberal Arts, Yamaguchi University)
aihara at po.cc.yamaguchi-u.ac.jp