What File am I Running? -- Does Mathematic Know?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg5163] What File am I Running? -- Does Mathematic Know?
  • From: siegman at ee.stanford.edu (AES)
  • Date: Wed, 6 Nov 1996 01:34:16 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Still trying to find a variable in Mathematica that will tell
me the file name of the notebook I'm currently executing -- is
this information not available to Mathematica?

(It's certainly available as "\f" in the Header dialog for Print
Settings in the Macintosh front end.  I appreciate that that's
different, but is this information really not available inside
Mathematica itself?)