Re: Mathematica & Windows NT

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg5255] Re: Mathematica & Windows NT
  • From: ianc (Ian Collier)
  • Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 03:34:04 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <innclip56d4n6$q1b at dragonfly.wolfram.com>, "Armin"
<a.a.gerritsen at fys.ruu.nl> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> How can I run Mathematica 2.2.2 under Windows NT 4.0. Frontend will start,
> but hangs when you try to evaluate anything. Do I need an special protocol
> like for running Mathematica 2.2.2 under Windows 95?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Armin

The following information is taken from the Technical Support FAQ area of
Wolfram Research's Web site. The specific URL is
<http://www.wolfram.com/support/2.2/Systems/Windows/NTandMath.html>.

Can I run Mathematica under Windows NT?

Mathematica for Windows versions 2.2.1, 2.2.3 and later will
run under Windows NT. If you have Mathematica 2.2.3 for
Windows, then the Mathematica kernel is running in native
NT mode, although the Mathematica front end is still running
in 16 bit Windows emulation.

Mathematica version 2.2.2 does run under NT, but that version
was not optimized for NT and you may experience some
problems unique to running that version under Windows NT.
If you have Mathematica 2.2.2, you should consider upgrading
to Mathematica 3.0. Contact Wolfram Research, Inc. for
information on how to upgrade.

Note that if you are running Mathematica 2.2.1 under
Windows NT, you may experience some problems loading
packages. See the Web page about loading packages under
Windows.

If you are running Mathematica 2.2.2 or above under Window
NT, then you need to have TCP/IP installed. You do not need a
network card, but the software must be installed. See the Release
Notes for further information.

I hope this helps.

--Ian

Ian Collier