Re: Help getting values from NDSolve

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg6811] Re: [mg6783] Help getting values from NDSolve
  • From: seanross at worldnet.att.net
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 02:01:17 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Christopher Moss wrote:

> I'm relatively new to Mathematica and need some help with the NDSolve
> function.  I have used it to solve an ordinary differential equation and got
> the expected interpolating function which I then plotted.  The plot is great
> but I would like a list of coordinates so that I can analyze them further
> and possibly import into a "prettier" graphing package.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Please email and post (mosser at earthlink.net)

Just make a Table of values and Write them to a file.  If your other
graphing routine doesn't like all the curly braces and commas, turn each
data point into a string with the correct format and WriteAppend each
one in turn to the file.  You will probably have to play around with
various file writing commands and string conversion routines for a half
hour or so to get it right.