Re: How to rebase a List of Values?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg6905] Re: [mg6852] How to rebase a List of Values?
- From: Richard Finley <trfin at fiona.umsmed.edu>
- Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 14:00:36 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Patrick, You can use the following to linearly rescale a list with values from min to max: (list - min)*100/(max - min) for your first list this would be (list - 1000)/40 Note that if your original list consisted of integers that will no longer be the case in the rescaled list. regards, RF At 02:44 AM 4/24/97 -0400, you wrote: >Say I have one List containing values from 1000 to 5000 and a second from >30 to 70. >I want to rebase those lists at 100 so the two will show on a graphic with >the same scale. >Does anybody knows a simple way to rebase a list of values? > >Patrick > >