Q: how to ReadList from arbitrary disk?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg6927] Q: how to ReadList from arbitrary disk?
  • From: wacb at welchlink.welch.jhu.edu (Bill Christens-Barry)
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 20:48:09 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I'm using Mma 3.0 on a Macintosh PowerPC machine.  I seem unable to use

  SetDirectory["MyZipDisk"]

to prepare for i/o from a Zip disk when Mathematica is on my hardrive
(startup disk).  How can I set the current directory to an arbitrary disk
(volume)?  Surely I'm not bound to the disk that Mma is mounted on, right?

Thanks.