Q: NDSolve and defining state manifolds

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg6562] Q: NDSolve and defining state manifolds
  • From: calvitti at papaya.ces.cwru.edu
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 1997 19:00:58 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

suppose i have a one-dimensional ODE defined on a circle, so that
0 and 2*Pi are identified. how should this information be passed on to
NDSolve? (in other words, the state of the dynamical system has to be
reset to the range [0,2*Pi] every time it attempts to leave it.

thanks for the info,

 |          Alan Calvitti          |
 |       Control Engineering       |
 | Case Western Reserve University |