what is the little "i" in the palette?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg6554] what is the little "i" in the palette?
  • From: robpeterson at sprintmail.com
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 1997 19:00:52 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Now that I've found the palette, I wonder what some of the symbols in
it mean.  Since there is vanishingly small info on the notebook
interface (in 3.0), I spent quite a bit of time looking thru the help
files and the book but found no clues what the "i" means.  At first, I
assumed it stood for cap I, or Root(-1) but it doesn't work (I get
totally different answers when using the two).  This little i has two
vertical bars, anyone know what it is?

Thanks