what is the little "i" in the palette?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg6554] what is the little "i" in the palette?
- From: robpeterson at sprintmail.com
- Date: Tue, 1 Apr 1997 19:00:52 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: Sprint Internet Passport
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Now that I've found the palette, I wonder what some of the symbols in it mean. Since there is vanishingly small info on the notebook interface (in 3.0), I spent quite a bit of time looking thru the help files and the book but found no clues what the "i" means. At first, I assumed it stood for cap I, or Root(-1) but it doesn't work (I get totally different answers when using the two). This little i has two vertical bars, anyone know what it is? Thanks