3D plot of function with 3 variables ?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg6649] 3D plot of function with 3 variables ?
  • From: a_kowald at chemie.fu-berlin.de (Axel Kowald)
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 1997 00:34:13 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello

I have a function with three variables, a = f(x,y,z), which I would like to plot
in 3 dimensions. The idea is that each point x,y,z gets assigned a color
according to its function value f(x,y,z), which is not 100% opaque. So if you
look into the coordinate system the colors of normally hidden coordinate points
shine through.

I don't know if this was very clear, but I remember seeing this functionality
with a differen program and I wonder, if there is a Mathematica package around
which does the trick ?

Many thanks

	Axel Kowald