Can someone can help me with this?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg6661] Can someone can help me with this?
  • From: RyanB <ryanb at netins.net>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 1997 09:15:01 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

-- [ From: RyanB * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --
To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net

I need some help.  I want to make a notebook that will calculate population
growth using Leslie's matrix.  I want the user to input how many different
age groups there are into AGE, then make a matrix with AGE # of columns and
1 row that the user inputs values into.  Next a matrix with AGE columns and
AGE rows should be prepared for input.  I also want the user to input the
number of generations, (I will call it GEN), to calculate for which will be
the exponent on the bigger matrix.  Next the two matrices should be
multiplyed together to be displayed and then all the #'s in that matrix
added up for a total poulation.  I need some guidance on this notebook.
What should I do.  I have some basic knowlage of programming and Mathematica
, but I have never done any programming in Mathematica.  Can anyone help?  I
would appreciate any help at all.  Thank you soooo much if you can give me
input, this is driving me CRaZy!!  E-mail me...ryanb at netins.net  Thanks
again!!  RyanB