Help with Mathematica Filenames

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg8227] Help with Mathematica Filenames
  • From: C M Chew <chewcm at post1.com>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 21:12:07 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I'm not sure if this is the right folder to post to, but I would
appreciate it
if anyone out there can help me.

I had Mathematica 3.0 installed in one of my PCs. But one day after I do
some
disk management stuff (defrag etc) on that PC, the software stopped
working.
After some investigation, I found out that the long file names in the
Mathematica directory are no longer there. Instead files are named using

DOS 8.3 style, e.g. Mathe~12.exe.

I don't have the install CD with me, so I cannot reinstall. So can any
kind
soul send me a list of files in Mathematica 3.0 so I can rename the
files
back to their original name. Maybe do a 'dir /s > dir.txt' in the
Mathematica
directory and send the 'dir.txt' to me by e-mail. Thanks in advance!