Help with Mathematica Filenames
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg8235] Help with Mathematica Filenames
- From: chewcm at post1.com (C M Chew)
- Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 21:16:52 -0400
- Organization: Cyberway User
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I'm not sure if this is the right folder to post to, but I would appreciate it if anyone out there can help me. I had Mathematica 3.0 installed in one of my PCs. But one day after I do some disk management stuff (defrag etc), on that PC, the software stopped working. After some investigation, I found out that the long file names in the Mathematica directory are no longer there. Instead files are named using DOS 8.3 style, e.g. Mathe~12.exe. I don't have the install CD with me, so I cannot reinstall. So can any kind soul send me a list of files in Mathematica 3.0 so I can rename the files back to their original name. Maybe do a 'dir /s > dir.txt' in the Mathematica directory and send the 'dir.txt' to me by e-mail. Thanks in advance!