Lists without outer braces

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg8306] Lists without outer braces
  • From: "K. Nikolaj Berntsen" <knb at _nospam_bkm.dtu.dk>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Aug 1997 04:46:51 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Group,

Is there any way to produce a list without the outer braces?
For example how do you produce:

{x1,1},{x2,1},{x3,1}
from
{{x1,1},{x2,1},{x3,1}}

My real problem is to save a lot of typing in the following expression
where 'n' either is a fixed number or a variable one.

FindMinimum[
	Sum[x[i],{i,1,n}]
	,{x[1],1} , {x[2],1} ,  ... , {x[n],1}
]

(this problem is not well posed, but it illustrates what I need).

Happy Computing,
Nikolaj
| Ph.D. stud., cand.scient.				     |
| K. Nikolaj Berntsen					     |
| Office: Department of Structural Engineering and Materials |
|	  Technical University of Denmark		     |
|	  Building 118, room 152			     |
|	  DK-2800 Lyngby				     |
|	  Tel +45 4525 1769				     |
|	  Fax +45 4588 3282				     |