RE: ? ? ? ! ?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg8320] RE: [mg8223] ? ? ? ! ?
  • From: "Richard W. Finley, M. D." <trfin at umsmed.edu>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Aug 1997 13:24:35 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Lou,
I guess it thinks it is plotting the derivative of the absolute value =
function, but it obviously doesn't know how to differentiate this =
function correctly. The derivative should be a step function and should =
exist everywhere except x=3D0, so it isn't clear to me what algorithm is =
being used here that fails.  Perhaps someone from Wolfram will enlighten =
us...??
RF