NonlinearFit and NonlinearRegress
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg8325] NonlinearFit and NonlinearRegress
- From: Sean Ross <seanross at worldnet.att.net>
- Date: Sun, 24 Aug 1997 13:24:40 -0400
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I have a data file, which I read in, massage and fit to an equation using NonlinearRegression/Fit. I then generate a graph of the original data, the fitted curve and the value of one of the fit parameters. My routine works great, but I would like to optimize it. NonlinearFit returns an evaluatable expression and works great as the input to Plot. NonlinearRegress[...,RegressionReport->BestFitParameters] returns a list of transformation rules for the fit parameters and works great to get the value of a fit parameter. To measure a fit parameter AND generate a graph, I seem to need to run BOTH NonlinearFit and NonlinearRegress, which seems redundant. Is there any way to get NonlinearFit to give me the actual value of a fit parameter OR to get NonlinearRegress to give me something easily Plot - able?