Cone surface function??
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg8314] Cone surface function??
- From: "Herve R. Cousin" <cousin at inorg.chem.ethz.ch>
- Date: Sun, 24 Aug 1997 13:24:30 -0400
- Organization: Federal Institut of Technology (ETH-Z)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi there, I am trying to describe the surface of a cone, for a surface-function in OPTICA. Solving (x/a)^2+(y/b)^2-(z/c)^2=0, with a=b, I get a cone pointing "downwards", could somebody enlighten me how to "let it go" upwards (point in +z-axis)? I know it's basic stuff but somehow I get stuck ... Thanks Herve