Linux / Unix: 3D graphics->monochrome.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg5656] Linux / Unix: 3D graphics->monochrome.
  • From: Ian Spielman <ispielman at uoknor.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Jan 1997 22:56:48 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,
	I have just installed my version of mathematica 3.0 for linux (Student
version) and when I tried my first 3-d Plot things got funny.
	I tried:
Plot3D[x y, {x,0,1},{y,0,1}];
and it plots correct EXCEPT that it is solid black, not the expected
shaded look. It prints fine. All 3D/shaded type plots do this. the front
end can load and display correctly pre-executed mathematica notebooks
(and jpeg files). Do any of you have an idea? I did noting strange when
installing.
Thanks,
	Ian Spielman
*Ian Spielman