Re: WMF export

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg7828] Re: [mg7748] WMF export
  • From: seanross at worldnet.att.net
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 03:01:11 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hermann Klocker wrote:

> 1. I need WMF (Windows Metafile) correct export of MMA 3.0 graphics very urgent. Does MMA 3.0.1 do this correctly? If yes, how can I get it?

I just got my MMA 3.0.1, but have not installed it yet.  Once I do, I
will post to the group which bugs it fixes.  If you really need this
urgently, I recommend a work around.  I assume you need a WMF because
you are trying to export via the clipboard.  I have found that
Display[channel, graphics, "Metafile"] creates a metafile that can be
read by Microsoft Office applications.  The "GIF" and "TIFF" formats
also work under display.  Another option is to get that wonderful
shareware program:  PaintShop Pro and use it to convert a GIF or TIFF
image into the format of your choice.