Re: But can it do...

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg7830] Re: [mg7775] But can it do...
  • From: seanross at worldnet.att.net
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 03:01:12 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Daniel Goscha wrote:

> I am considering purchasing Mma 3.0.  However, my main concern is that I
> will get it and it will not be able to do the things I want.  So, I was
> wondering if those who already have it could advise me whether or not
> Mma 3.0 can:
>
>     (1) Plot error bars on data given a data set and error information
>     (2) Allow mw to make "annotations" to a plot.  Meaning, if I want to
> plot a set of data with error bars, can I then "draw" in an arrow
> pointing to a feature of the plot and make a note about it right there
> on the plot?
>
> Unfortunately I need to make a decision very soon, so please reply as
> soon as possible.  E-mail replies are desired.  Many thanks!!
>
> -daniel goscha
>     dgoscha at phy.ilstu.edu
>     <*>

Error Bars-Yes,but.  You have to get the add-on package "experimental
data analyst" to do it automatically.  If you wanted to do some
programming with graphics primitives, the language is certainly capable
of putting vertical bars of varying lengths on a graph, but it will
require some programming.

Annotations-Yes, though there is no automated feature to do it.  You
will have to specify the coordinates of the text and specify a graphics
primitive for the arrow.