fonts

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg7942] fonts
  • From: sadamec <sadamec at valgis.dep.nyc.ny.us>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 02:40:20 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello Steve,

 Could you tell me if there are any Font packages out there that could
help me. I am running on Sun Ultra 1 with Solaris 2.5 OS. I am trying to
run a program and getting a fatal message

 "FATAL ERROR: Unable to find the font -adobe-times-medium-r at size 12
or below. You will need to install this freely available font in its
regular, bold, italic, and bold italic versions. This font is part of
the standard X consortium distribution of the X Window System. Please
consult your system administrator"

 First problem -  our system admin resigned
 Second problem - I used the command 'xlsfonts' to list the fonts on
my                    machine and its not there. But I did find them on
a                      co-workers machine.

 Are they located on a Solaris Install CD-ROM?

 Any help would be greatly appreciated.

 Steve Adamec
 sadamec at valgis.dep.nyc.ny.us