But can it do...

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg7775] But can it do...
  • From: Daniel Goscha <dgoscha at phy.ilstu.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 22:40:55 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I am considering purchasing Mma 3.0.  However, my main concern is that I
will get it and it will not be able to do the things I want.  So, I was
wondering if those who already have it could advise me whether or not
Mma 3.0 can:

    (1) Plot error bars on data given a data set and error information
    (2) Allow mw to make "annotations" to a plot.  Meaning, if I want to
plot a set of data with error bars, can I then "draw" in an arrow
pointing to a feature of the plot and make a note about it right there
on the plot?

Unfortunately I need to make a decision very soon, so please reply as
soon as possible.  E-mail replies are desired.  Many thanks!!

-daniel goscha
    dgoscha at phy.ilstu.edu
    <*>