suppressing certain simplifications
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg7529] suppressing certain simplifications
- From: John Kiehl <JohnK239 at aol.com>
- Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 03:08:42 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Soundtrack Recording
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
How can I prevent h*h*h being "simplified" to h^3? Furthermore, how can I amend the Power[...] function to behave in the following manner: h^5 transforms into h*h*h*h*h More specifically, how can I get (h*g)^2 to be displayed as: (h*g)*(h*g). I'm playing with simple group theory where sometimes hg=gh and other times hg=gh^(-1).