Artifacts in listplots

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg7542] Artifacts in listplots
  • From: Lois Wolk <lgwolk at wheel.dcn.davis.ca.us>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 19:37:32 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have been attempting do plots of the Mandelbrot and Julia sets using
ListPlot with a list of data points.  The plots contain regular vertical
and/or horozontal white lines in areas that should be all black.  I have
examined the list of data points and determined that the lines are
complete artifacts--i.e., they are not present in the data.  Has anyone
experienced similar problems, and if so, is there a solution?  I am
running a Pentium with 48MB and a Diamond Stealth video card.

Daniel Wolk