Help: Saving/Printing graphics output

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg7541] Help: Saving/Printing graphics output
  • From: Kwadwo Ampofo Appiah <kappiah at emory.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 19:37:30 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I'm using version 2.2(text-based interface) and need to know how to save a
graphics output to a file and/or print the graphics.

I have tried the following without success:

>In[12]:= Display["eigenplot1", Out[5], "EPS"]
>
>Display::nonopt:
>   Options expected (instead of EPS) beyond position 2 in
>    Display[eigenplot1, -DensityGraphics-, EPS]. An option must be a rule
>or a
>     list of rules.

What options are being referred to above? If options are not specified,
should Mathematica not use the default settings?  Does version 2.2 support
"Display"?

Also, how do I send the output to a printer?  the command:

Display["!lpr", Out[5], "EPS"] did not work.

Somebody please help.

Sincerely,

K. Appiah