Console IO from mathlink

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg6448] Console IO from mathlink
  • From: neely at biomath.mdacc.tmc.edu (E. Neely Atkinson)
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 22:59:47 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I am attempting to write some linear algebra routines in C
to be called from Mathematica. For debugging purposes, I
would like to write interimediate output directly from C,
rather than passing it back to MMA. When I include printf
statements in my C code, MMA gets hung up.Has anybody been
able to write to the console from a C program called from mathlink?

I am running a Power Mac 9500/200, System Software 7.5.5, MMA 3.0
and CodeWarrior IDE 1.7.4. I will provide simple sample code
on request.

Thanks for any help

                              E. Neely Atkinson
                              neely at biomath.mdacc.tmc.edu